Serial LCD Module
The LCD modules combine a serial interface for a 2-line by 16 character display. The LCD Module can be set to receive and display serial data (TTL/CMOS) at 300, 1200, 2400 and 9600 baud (true or inverted, switch selectable).
- 16 characters x 2 lines
- High-contrast supertwist display
- LED Backlight
- Accepts RS232, inverted or true TTL / CMOS at 300, 1200, 2400 and 9600 bps.
- Self-testing mode to check proper function and jumper settings.
- Power Requirment: 4.8 - 5.2 VDC
- Size: 3.1" L x 1.4" W
- Weight: 0.1 lbs
The LCD Module has two operational modes: text and instruction. The default is text mode; Data received via the Serial In LINE appears on the screen. Send the string “Images” and “Images” will appear on the LCD. To input instructions to the LCD module, such as clear screen, go to line 2, etc., you must prefix the instruction with ASCII 254. The byte following prefix is seen and treated as a instruction code. After the instruction code, the unit automatically returns to text mode. Every instruction code must be sent with its own 254 prefix.
- Locations of Connectors and Controls
- Contrast Adjustment
- Setting the Baud Rate
- Hookup for Use
- Basic Operation
- Instruction Codes
- Self-Test Mode
- Positioning the Cursor
- Off-Screen Memory
- PICBasic and PICBasic Pro Examples
- Printing Variables
- Dimensions and Specifications
- Creating Custom Characters & Animations